Hi there, I’m Reggie.
- reading Bertrand Russell’s History of Western Philosophy.
- journaling about the practical value of virtue
- thinking about the practical impact of materialism - the illusion of free will
- binging street epistemology videos
- still fucking pissed how Game of Thrones ended
Why am I writing articles?
I’m not trying to build an audience for a book. I’m not trying to sell a course. It’s not because I want to be famous.
I write articles because I like to. And that’s enough.
I like to read, take notes, think, and share what I learn. I like to write for and to myself. When I refer to “you” in my writing, I’m, for the most part, thinking of myself, or maybe my future children. These are my notes to remind myself the lessons I’ve learned and the ideas I’ve had in my life.
Secondly, these lessons are helpful to me and they may be helpful to someone else, hence why this is public, even if I have to be vulnerable at times.
Lastly, It can act as a portfolio or an inside view of who I am + how I think to colleagues and future employers. If you’re reading this, I hope you find my writing helpful in some way. And if you do, nothing would make me happier to hear it. Let’s chat on Twitter.